1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It Finally Happened!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickon, Dec 7, 2009.

1. chickon

chickon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2008
    Green egg!

Here are yesterday's eggs...and, in pride of place, the first egg from the Ameraucanas! I am SO excited!

[​IMG]
    Yesss!

It's always a LITTLE funny to me, how exciting it is for everyone when chickens lay eggs... I could see there being tons of hubbub if they started laying Matchbox cars... but eggs? But that being said, I am 100% thrilled and excited right now. [​IMG]

2. Peepin out of the egg

Peepin out of the egg Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2009
    Canada
    CONGRATS!.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].:wootYEY YOU!I haven't even got mine as chicks yet!they are coming in March!.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

3. bantybev

bantybev Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    SW Michigan
    I don't blame you [​IMG] I was so excited to hear the "egg song" the first time and get an egg, that I called everyone so they could hear the song , too [​IMG]
    What a beautiful egg!! Can't wait to get a few EEs this spring so I can get some lovely eggs, too.

4. chickon

chickon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2008
    Thanks guys! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    HAPPY EGG! Easter egg dying will take on a new twist next year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by