It happened to me??? Someone stole my pair of Japs and my mallard duck

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by baldie, Sep 11, 2009.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hello all...long time no talk. Boy have I missed this site. Anyway, a while back I posted a pic of my Japanese bantams, they were the cutest little pair of chickens. He would sit with his girl in the nest box while she layed her eggs and everything. The other day...I thought something was fishy when I did not see them. We did have a hawk get one of chickens once, but thats it. I assumed that maybe that was what happened. But the more I thought, the more I realized that its not possible. Not for both to disappear the same night. Then 2 mornings later I went to change the ducks water like I do every morning, and noticed that my female mallard duck was missing. There is NO WAY it was a predator. So now I am going on NO sleep today since I waited up all night to catch the creeps who did this. I heard of this happening on here, but NEVER thought it would happen to me. [​IMG] Now I have a male mallard duck that is very sad. He is in a pen with 3 peking, one male and 2 females. But he really misses his girl, you can tell. People in this world really stink. I just dont get it.

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG]
    I am so sorry!

3. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Thanks! I am not sure what I am actually feeling. Sad..not only because now I dont have 3 of my babies anymore, but also sad about the way this world is now and sad that my kids have to grow up in such a messed up world. Anger...I would love to catch them in the act. Ooooh, what I might do to them if I did, the possibilities are endless.

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I am so sorry for your loss.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

One of my greatest fears.

I have started taking down license plates of anyone who stops by, unless they are friends of course.

We live in a 'holler' so no one comes by unless its for a reason. I even 'plated' my Pollurum testers last night.

Crazy world huh?

6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Can you get geese? If you pen them up at night right by the chickens, they will set off an alarm like no other if it is a stranger who stops by.

7. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sorry for the hijack, but an inquiring mind wants to know. What exactly is a holler? Besides a yell, I mean.

I hope you can get things figured out with what's happening. People sometimes...

8. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Quote:It s the area between 2 mountains. Well in AR its 2 large hills peope call mountains. My aunt built her house in the holler. Very peaceful.

9. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ohhh man that stinks, some people are horrible.
    we have had a couple of cars drive by very slowly before and we would stand there staring at them just in case any thoughts go through minds.

So sorry that happened to you. [​IMG]

10. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    So sorry. [​IMG] It is a fear of mine too. I live on a fairly well traveled country road and my birds are pretty visible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by