1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

it happened

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mxpres, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    :thumbsupwife went with me to TSC this morning to get shavings for my 21 day old cornish,they had just gotten in an order of baby chicks,she stopped at the metal container of rhode island reds,then turned to me and asked,,don,t you need more chicks to replace the cornish your going to butcher in several weeks?she said,these are so cute and we really need to be using the new coop you built,,,what could I say?she hand picked 12 chicks and we left the store,,I think she may be getting(chick fever),,she talked to them on the way home,I think its wonderful,now she won,t call me crazy,,yaaaaaaaaaayy:celebrate:weee

2. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    [​IMG] I KNEW chicken fever was contagious![​IMG][​IMG]:jumpy:cd

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yay for you, mxpres, and for Mrs. mxpres! RIR are great, mine have always been calm and friendly.

As a sidenote, if you put a space on eithe side of those smilies, they'll show up properly. space [​IMG] space

4. imaleomom

imaleomom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SC
    Lucky you!!

5. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by