It hatched!!! now what?

huevosfritos

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 5, 2008
Dinah's egg just hatched today!!!! The baby is sooo cute... I'm so amazed by the miracle of life!!!! She has been in a zen state inside a box in the garage for 3 weeks. I used to visit her every morning just getting close enough to refill the water and the feeder but today she won't even allow me to do that.
what's going to happen now? Would she take the baby back to the coops with her? Should I keep feeding them separately? Now she is pooping in the box too. I guess she doesn't want to leave the baby alone, but I'm thinking this might not be good for the health of the little one... i need advices!!!
thanks
victoria, the happy grannie
wink.png

I am eager to see some replies to this one too... I would guess try going in to replace her food and water at night when she is sleeping.

oh, she's the boss!!!... i tried to pet her once and she bit me!!!!:eek: Nature has its ways and I don't want to interfere, just learn. My guess is that she will soon abandon the baby and the nest, and that might be the time for me to play the surrogate mom...
I just checked on them. She has knocked down the feeder... now the baby can eat the crumbles too
wink.png
I'll keep you updated.
thank y'all!
Victoria

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom