IT HATCHED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by First To Hatch, May 10, 2008.

1. First To Hatch

First To Hatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    I can't believe it I actually hatched eggs this is my first time incubating, and I'm so happy I have 19 cortunix quail set in my bator so far 1 has hatched and 1 has pipped as far as I'm aware of I'll get pics tomarrow I currently don't have a camera because my brother took it for today because he went to a concert.

I just felt like sharing the happy news.

2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations on your hatching! [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am so happy for you. I know the excitment of the first hatch. I had mine three weeks ago. Couldnt wait to see how my lil boogers look like. I just se my third set of eggs yesterday around midnight after the USPS xrayed my 2nd batch.
    Are Coturnix easy to take care of and good layers?
    I am eye balling them, but i have to wait until my bator is empty again.

4. First To Hatch

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    For cortunix they start laying at arounf seven weeks of age and lay all year long, simple game bird feed will do as a food source but nice treats every nce in awhile would be nice too!
    And now theres three chicks in the bator running around can't take em out yet cause they aren't fluffy and dry...... I like the fluffy part.

5. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Oh man, I bet those are cute! Do they look like these ? Congrats!

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oooh I can't wait to see pictures [​IMG] Quail are one of my faves! Actually, the first egg I ever hatched was a Bobwhite Quail in 2000.

7. First To Hatch

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    Dangerouschickens I have 3 chicks so far 2 have a brown back with a yellow belly (prob. tuxedo quail) the other is yellow with white stripe (I think an A&M?) and there are to other eggs with pipps in them.... all this with a Little Giant Still Air.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What do you do with cortunix quail? Do you turn them out? Do you eat them? [​IMG]

9. First To Hatch

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    MissyPrissy basically just a hobby and for fun comes with a side of eggs for breakfast and possibly incubating a cple eggs every spring.

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Congratulations.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by