**It is about NEED - I NEEDED new chicks!! **lots of pics**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DouglasPeeps, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I called the feed store this morning, innocently. I just wanted to "check and see" if they had the chicks that I might want. Well they didn't. Phew! That was close. But then, they told me their "sister store" in the next town had the ones I was looking for. Hmmmmm. So, I called them and sure enough, they had them. I decided that I needed them. So, we loaded up in the van and drove straight there. I decided ahead of time that we wouldn't get more than 15 chicks. Well it was a good thing we went straight there because we bought the last 10 Red Stars that they had. Oh, yeah, we also came home with 10 Black Stars. [​IMG]

Thankfully I have a very understanding DH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I TOTALLY understand the need. I needed to order chicks...but they won't be in until the 17th or 18th...BUT the store will have some in (breed unknown) on the 9th. Do I go get 3...and then put them with the babies...or wait..

Okay, I have full plans to wait. I do have 13 coming but it is so hard to wait know that I know that the store will have them in. But then I think...3 more won't make much difference...I think I need to stay out of the store until mine come. *sigh*

You have cute babies [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i NEED to drive 30 minutes...

and pick up chicks tomorrow morning!!!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  4. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I think you should just go check on the chicks that are at your local store. Maybe there will be one or two or three that need you! [​IMG]

5. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Yea! I totally understand!

6. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    I need April to hurry up and get here. Chicks get shipped April 15 and our local feed store gets them in April 1. Havn't told my husband yet. We might have to stop in on the 1st and pick up something we need and a couple chicks to test brooder out.

7. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Quote:Ohhhhh.....yes, need to check the brooder out before the new little ones arrive. Nice [​IMG]

8. DouglasPeeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Ohhhhh.....yes, need to check the brooder out before the new little ones arrive. Nice [​IMG]

Sounds like a good plan to me! [​IMG]

9. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm avoiding calling my feed store; I'm going to try to hold off till the chickenstock but Mannnnnnnn it is hard!

Cute chicks [​IMG]

10. twzlrwho

twzlrwho Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    South VA
    Those are gorgeous![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by