Finally I got my old goat barn remodel done! It was a lot of work and it took way longer than I thought it should, but it is nice. It is divided into three areas or rooms. When you enter from the front door there is a 7 ft. x 4 ft. roosting area. This area has a half wall 7 ft. long (4 + ft. high) plus 4 roosts 4 ft. long. This part of the barn has a cement floor. Here are the chickens roosting in their roost room. If you continue into the next area, on the back of the roosting wall are the nest boxes. They have a littler box on top of them because the chickens roost on the wall above. This area also has a cement floor and is 8 ft. x 10 ft. On the other side there is an addition to the goat barn. This addition has a dirt floor and is about 8 ft. x 12 ft. The chickens all had a good dust bath today when I opened up that area. All had a good time, even my white chickens got down and dirty! The back door exits into the run, which is not done yet. I have no pop door, just the human door into the run. There are 5 windows in the coop allowing for lots of light. Some of them open for good ventelation. On the high side (shed roof) there is no blocking between the rafters for even more ventelation. In the room with the dirt floor I have about 8 inches of wire along the top of the wall. I plan to put shutters up so I can close this off in cold weather. This winter it will get the cold weathr test. Right now it houses 31 chickens, but at 4 sq. ft. per chicken I could have 50 chickens in that coop. I do not plan on that many right now. The coop is about 100 ft. from my door. At this point I choose to consider that an exercise opportunity rather than a pain. There is no power up there, but last I heard chickens don't need a reading light. I carry a lantern with me when I go out at night.