It is HOT

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Becky_H, May 16, 2009.

1. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

It's hot and muggy here -- it's only May and it's not that hot on the thermometer, but I am miserable today. I have things i need to do, but they all involve a lot of moving around and making myself hotter. So I'm sitting in front of the fan and waiting on the sun to go down. Not exactly productive -- and I can't even do the stuff I need to do away from the house, because we're waiting on our lawn maintance guys to show up and mow for us.

Could be worse, I know, but I really hate heat and needed a whine.

On the upside, it gives me plenty of time to do lots of posting at BYC.

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I just came in from outside, its about 76 here but nearly 100% humidity. I started filling up the pool and discovered ther are several holes in the blow up ring on the top. [​IMG] It laid out all winter with no water. When it snowed my older son thought nothing of walking across it as a short cut. [​IMG] I told him there would be holes in it.

3. Becky_H

Kids are just impossible sometimes, I swear.

Here the weather's actually similar. The heat's not unbearable but the humidity is freaking ridiculous. I'd go sit in the shower until dark, but I don't think I trust the kids that much. They'd probably burn the place down.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It is supposed to be 90 here again, but I am in the desert so it's a DRY heat. [​IMG]

5. Becky_H

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the summer. Wait, yes I do. I'm going to get this room a/c-d and I'm only leaving after dark. Not really practical, but doesn't it sound nice? We do have A/c in the rest of the house, but it's not really effective unless you're sitting on a vent. I need a really good window unit.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:yeah, I love that DRY heat. Here 95 and 100% humidity is the definition of misery. But Ive been to Arkansas when it was 95 and virtually no humidity.....I still say hot is hot [​IMG]

7. Becky_H

Quote:I lived for years in Northern Michigan. The summers were hot but short. That's my kind of summer. Give me -30 degrees in winter over 100 in summer ANY day.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I'll tell ya once it hit 110 I don;t care who ya are its STIFLING!

9. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Im so glad we have a pool. Been using it to.

10. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:yeah, I love that DRY heat. Here 95 and 100% humidity is the definition of misery. But Ive been to Arkansas when it was 95 and virtually no humidity.....I still say hot is hot [​IMG]

I had the misfortune of living in Tx for 7 years. I had to do a job in Palm Springs Ca. It was 114 and the building had no A/C. It was like heaven compared to my garage in Tx on a 95 deg day. We now live in Co. where it is dry, dry. The only thing I envy about humid places is they have better pasture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by