It is NOT halloween, it is Easter!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by momma's chickens, Oct 31, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Went out to do morning chores and there in the duck pen was two beautiful eggs and then I started looking around and found one more. Candy is for Halloween, eggs are for Easter![​IMG]

I didn't think they would lay until spring now.

[​IMG]

2. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Congratulations! It is so exciting to get the first eggs. I hope your girls got a treat! [​IMG]

3. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Yes, they did, they got fresh water, I mean they get that every other day, but I just changed the pool yesterday and then they got some yummy vegetables in warm water, but they stuck their nose up at that and so they went free ranging and into the shady woods they went. They are over now prancing in front of the chicken run and I swear they are bragging that they are out in the big yard while the chickens are cooped up. [​IMG]

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    :DIt is always so nice when you get the first ones!

5. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Oh yes, fresh pool water is always a big treat! [​IMG]

My guys really seem to only like the fresh greens and not much else of the vegetal cuisine. They are pretty big on worms too. [​IMG]

6. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    My ducks absolutely adore worms, which I think was what they were getting out of the compost bin this morning. They are so funny, they definitely add comedy to my yard.

7. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Yes, mine like to raid my compost pile, whenever they can.

Probably the best laugh I ever had was when one caught a big slug the others tried to tackle him, so they all ran around like little goof balls until someone finally managed to swallow it. Then he was left trying to shake the slime out of his mouth. Hee hee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by