1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

it is NOT spring yet O_O

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklove334, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Winter white has decided to remind us virginians here of that [​IMG]

it has been WINDY and cold for the past two days, I went out this morning to find that BOTH of the ducks water sources are COMPLETLEY frozen , I had to take really hoy water out to melt holes in the water, it did very little but gave them something to drink.

my pekin maude layed an egg out in the open at one point, I've been wanting one of her eggs to incubate cause Big Lenny, the only male she will allow to mate her is a crested pekin, she's layed two eggs, BOTH of her eggs and the mallard egg this morning were completly frozen and the shells cracked, we're going to eat them in a bit.

sooo that being said, i've been reminded that it ISN'T spring yet [​IMG]..and winter is a bit late o_O

2. WE WANT SPRING! [​IMG]

WE WANT SPRING! [​IMG]

WE WANT SPRING! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I heard it is supposed to be THREE degrees tonight o_O, thats not counting wind chill [​IMG]

I miss the warm!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    It's been weirdly warm for us...send us the cold so we get more snow!!!

5. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    I love it when it gets cold. it gets too hot here in mississippi in the summer so I absolotely LOVE IT when winter comes. then i am happy when spring comes because we get EGGS TO HATCH!!! but i prefer it being cold over hot. but it dont get that cold here! [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh don't get me started on winter. [​IMG] I HATE being cold and am tired of this cold front that has recently arrived.

Maybe if we all chant "SPRING! SPRING! SPRING!" Mother Nature will get the point! [​IMG] (I wish! [​IMG] )

7. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    In NJ tonight, it's supposed to be 1 degree. 1! I even grew up near Buffalo NY and I hate Winter now! C'Mon Spring!

8. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    We had the coldest night since 2003 last night. It was 0 F out, not including the wind chill. Tonight it's warmed up to a swealtering 17 F.

We've had a pretty warm January, all things considered. This past week has been insane, but a day before the cold snap it was almost 70 F out. The weather keeps changing around.

I can't wait until March when the weather is cold, but at least above freezing.

Bleh.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I woke this morning to -7 degrees. And to think...in 6 months..we will all be writeing in here..How do I keep my chickens cool?? [​IMG] I think Mother Nature is haveing PMS! Even with the wood stove blazeing...my furnace kicks in. [​IMG] I WANT SPRING!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by