It is official-I am the crazy chicken lady

urbanfarmer101

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Today my neighbor (that I have met 4 times) was standing in my backyard when I came out to do chores. She was holding a small chicken. I knew she wanted to start chickens and had been over to see mine-I was excited. Then, she told me the story. It was so unbeliveable I had to share it with all of you.

My neighbor's daughter works in downtown, cement filled Des Moines. The daughter came out of her big tower office building, and saw this funny chick running across the parking lot. Can you imagine???? This is a new type of free range. Anyway, she mangaged to catch it after about 30 minutes of chasing it out from under parked cars. ( I want to see the parking lot footage of that event) And, I was the first person she thought of...see I have been elevated to crazy chicken lady. So I am in posession of what I think is a young, newly featherd partridge cochin. I need to change our farm's name to Chicken Rescue/sanctuary. It was just such a strange day around here.

Things that make you go HHMMMMMM . . . . . . .
hu.gif

Poor baby-glad she found a home and is safe!

I am in Southern California in LA county-on the rare occasion we get a news story about an urban chicken who has taken up residence somewhere unexpected until someone who knows chickens catches it & takes it home.

Yes i would love to know how the chicken happened to arrive at the parking lot. It was very nice of the of the girl who took the time to catch the chicken, no telling what may have happened to the poor thing if she were not able to catch it!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom