It is time! (Said in my best Lion King voice)

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Time for DH to go back to work! He's been on workmans comp. for nearly four months now.
He's feeling fine, although a bit light-headed from the blood thinners and change in BP meds.
The orthopedist has released him, saying his leg is fine.
The internist (both the one that cared for him in the hospital & our own) won't release him to go back to work because the blood clots are only 50% improved. They say it could take a full year for them to resolve completely.
DH is miserable. He is sitting in front of the TV day after day. He looks for excuses to go back the police dept. and talk with his buddies.
It. is. time. for. him. to. go. back. to. work.
barnie.gif

End of rant. Thanks.
smile.png

Do you mean, it is time for him to stop driving you bananas!!
lol.png
hugs.gif
When ever my husband has more time off than usual he says, I bet you are going to want to kill me arent you!!

Quote:
Since murder is illegal in Arkansas I've told him I want to trade him in on a broken down mule...and shoot the mule.
wink.png

What was I thinking wanting him to retire?!?
he.gif

Been there-done that.
DH was off for EIGHT, count 'em eight months last year after having rotator cuff surgery.
After about 2 weeks all I could think of was, "How on God's green marble are both of us gonna come out of this alive?". Happily we are both still alive and believe it or not, I cried the first day he went back to work after 8 months. Who knew?

Quote:
Since murder is illegal in Arkansas I've told him I want to trade him in on a broken down mule...and shoot the mule.
wink.png

What was I thinking wanting him to retire?!?
he.gif

Thats how my MIL feels! She looked forward to the day my FIL quit farming so they could go do all the things she has wanted to, but they could never go anywhere. Now instead of taking her anywhere he stands over her shoulder and picks apart the way she has been doing things for 40 years
barnie.gif

Quote:
I'm afraid that's how it is going to be around here; but with a twist. HIS dog has grown used to his master being home and follows him everywhere. The dog freaks if DH goes outside without him, won't eat unless DH sits there and encourages him. How in the world am I going to manage this dog when DH is gone???? I'm told DH that when he goes back to work it will be with a K9 in the backseat, whether the chief likes it or not.

Oh boy do I know how you feel. My DH retired in Jan. I just started keeping him a long honey do list hanging near his computer. Not that he jumps to the list or anything but he does go and work outside so he doesn't have to. Either way I can get a little me time. I really have enjoyed him being home. Maybe not stuck like glue though.
Micah

So basically what you're saying is that now, your DH will be the new K9 officer on the force?
lol.png
Just go outside with a Sharpie and write K9 Unit on his patrol car. Noone will notice, will they?

Grits in jail for defacing an official vehicle. This ought to be good!
lol.png

I am sooooo glad our garage/workshop is a separate building, with TV, fridge and 1/2 bath.

Back
Top Bottom