It isn't a chick, but I hope for some advice! Duckling went splat!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickensarefamily2me, Jun 9, 2011.

1. chickensarefamily2me

chickensarefamily2me Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2010
    Argyle, Texas
    I have a duckling that jumped out of my hands. She went splat on the carpet... She's only fallen on carpet, but I'm still worried. This has happened twice. I keep a tight grip, but she somehow manages to wriggle free. When she fell, she got up normally, walked normally, and is now eating. She's acting normal, but should I be worried? She doesn't act hurt, or anything out of the ordinary.

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Unless she acts strange I wouldnt be too worried. Maybe try holding her closer to the ground until she gets more used to being handled? That way if she jumps she dosnt have as far to fall. They are squirmy little things [​IMG]

3. chickensarefamily2me

chickensarefamily2me Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2010
    Argyle, Texas
    She was very calm yesterday. She must be more comfortable today. I picked her up off the side of a highway...

4. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    You are so sweet to take her in like that! I am guessing she is fine. But just as bufforp89 says, keep her close to the ground and best of luck with your new addition![​IMG]

5. lucky10

lucky10 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    You shouldn't worry unless she shows signs that she is hurt!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by