IT MADE THE NEWS...chicken abusers BEWARE

rottdog

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
birdville,florida
old.gif
old.gif
the postal abuse of chickens has made the 6 o'clock news. i don't know how to do the direct link but here is the news station's web sight www.news4jax.com and look for "chicks die after post office delivery"

The "pets being shot" story has me even more POed!!!

What is wrong with people!?!??! That is about all I can say without going off and getting in trouble. People suck.

I'm not saying what happened was ok....far from it, but when stories like this make the news it gives certain animal rights groups more ammunition to get all shipping of live birds stopped. It was not that long ago the PO was making a lot of noise about not shipping chicks anymore......these kind of instances, even if they were in the wrong, only adds fuel to their side of the argument. I fear it won't be that far down the road where shipping is no longer allowed.

Quote:
agreed, i get my chicks from ideal which is in texas, so its not that bad of a trip. i also think it is the owners responsibility to. if im expecting chicks i call everyday to let them know they are coming in, same with eggs i call so much they get tired of me. i dont think its just the post offices fault when they tried to get them to the owner. ohio is a long ways away for chicks to be shipped. i dont want to sound mean but thats my opinion i do think it was wrong to have them in that hot truck all day thats really sad im just saying in this instance the po is at fault but sometimes its the owners too.

Last edited:
Quote:
I hadnt thought of it from that perspective Katy. Assuming that these certain groups were successful, how would that effect large growing operations that transport thousands of birds in Livestock Haulers?
And do you see that as a step towards making shipping beef and pork a problem also.

I'm just curious about the longterm goals of some of these groups.

Thanks!

It wasn't very long ago the post office was talking of shutting down shipping chicks and live birds. There were petitions and stuff from the hatcheries going around to sign and addresses of government people to write. I'm not sure what ever happened, but all of a sudden I wasn't hearing anything else about it.

If some had their way I'm sure they'd like nothing better to shut down shipping of all animals, no matter the species whether it's fish or cattle. I guess then people might find out how it would be to only able to buy local meats....would certainly be good for local suppliers, but probably pretty hard on people's pocketbooks.

Back
Top Bottom