It never gets old!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Stellar, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am hatching these boogers more and more. I started with Coturnix 5-6 years ago and it never gets old. Now how many boogers we got here? [​IMG]
    Note, they are in the "transport" box to go into their brooder. Just want to share [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

:O Wow [​IMG] they look so cute

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Nice [​IMG] What variety are the light striped ones ? I see 2, at the top and center.

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i'm guessing 14...maybe 15(one might be smothered lol)

they are always very amusing, and i love them :O

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    They are Italians, I am hoping that they up in size this generation. I have been crossing them with Jumbo Browns to get umpth for 3 generations and so these guys should show something this time around [​IMG] Buttercup sent me some eggs to test and I will be crossing some of her hens with this grouping as well this time.

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I count 18.

7. austin12895

austin12895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Very cute!! I count 17! [​IMG]

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    There was supposed to be 30 piled up on one another [​IMG] The head count now is 89:weee

9. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    [​IMG] O.O

10. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    Quote:Fantastic. I love the Italian disposition. My Italians from you have been the most outgoing yet tame. Hop into the hand. Most outgoing with the 5 yr old. Would love to see the outcome of this breeding plan. Way to pay it forward, as I had hoped you would. Combining the size of both of your stock AND the looks.. Wooo wee. That is a treasure I am looking forward to. Thank you for doing that Quaillady. That was the hope of the project. What can we do to improve the lines? What will we get.

I am game and want to do this as well. I have some now too via Daddy and will do the same with the Italians from your stock. That was my hope all along.

Away we go on the project. Thank you Buttercup, F.Daddy and Alexandra. Nice.

And no, it will never get old, particularly when you are working together to a better end. Like Christmas!! They are always a gift at hatching and to see them develop.

Thanks for posting this. Good info that the project is still heartily on it's way.

Tonya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by