It pays to study the scat.

bobbi-j

Enabler
14 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
We usually free range our chickens. Today, however, as we were going to let them out before we headed out for a couple of hours, we noticed a pile of poop in our driveway. Still wet and fresh looking, so we left them locked up. I did let them out when we got home, but then DH decided he wanted to go on a little road trip today. So, out of curiosity, I took a stick and poked at the pile of poop. I found hair, and something hard that looks like a small hoof (I’m guessing fawn). I am quite sure it’s coyote poop. I got all the chickens but 5 of my older ones locked back up. I’ve had coyotes wipe out my flocks twice during this time of year. Both times we were gone and had people staying at our place who let the chickens out (they were directed to do so), and the chickens were gone within a couple of hours. Our coops are quite a ways from the house, so one wouldn’t see anything happening. Anyway, I think the birds are going to be locked up for a few weeks and hopefully whoever left that gift in our driveway will move on.

Back
Top Bottom