It says my inbox is full

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by onthespot, Sep 30, 2011.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    But I deleted all my inbox and sent till there are only two pages and it still says my inbox is full.

2. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mail in your "sent" box applies to your total too.

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I think the sent messages were also deleted. It should have freed up space if you deleted the incoming and the sent down to two pages.

4. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Delete a couple more messages and see if your % of capacity starts to go down.

Or Try:

1) Refresh your brower
    2) Log out and back in

3) Consider becoming a GFM

Here are a few of the initial upgrades you’ll get as a Gold Feather Member:

1. Double PM storage space
    2. 10 Times more image storage space on BYC’s servers
    3. A new title: Golden Feather Member
    4. or The ability to choose your own custom title
    5. Your username highlighted on the BYC Forum index and within forum threads.
    6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.
    7. Access to a private forum to discuss new features and specials.​

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well, it looks like your membership has expired. Renew?

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Thanks all. I tried logging out, and back in. Still says "Your inbox is full!"

I don't want to renew my Platinum membership, because I am moving soon, and have sold/given away most of my flocks, and have hardly anything for sale. Therefore, hardly getting any PM's, and not doing any auctions. Don't need the extra storage space for photos, saving my $$ for now. When I get up and running again, I will be sure to renew. Mostly this time I got the Platinum membership just to support BYC. I don't think my PM account should be held hostage just because I did a one time support measure to BYC. HELP! lol.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hmmmm.... I deleted my temp internet files, and cookies. (great, now I have to redo all my saved passwords)
    but it still says my inbox is full.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

If you count up all the individual messages in all your folders (inbox, sent, custom folders, etc.) how many individual messages are there?

9. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I had the same problem when I forgot to renew my Golden Feather membership. I believe you get less space when you are just a regular member. When I renewed viola no one inbox full messages.

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Quote:I counted seventy plus in my inbox alone, so probably around the same in my outbox too. I deleted more messages and it is not showing my inbox full any more.

Thanks all for your help. Hopefully when I get settled again and start up my flocks and have more to sell and reasons to buy I will go back to a platinum membership. Those unlimited PM's are worth it! Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by