It stinks in my incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dadsdeercamp, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I have 67 quail eggs on day 8 and atleast 1 is bad how do i find the bad egg? [​IMG]

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:sniff around and see where it stinks most. Individually pick up all the eggs in that area and give 'em a sniff!! You will definitely be able to tell which one is that bad one.
    Good luck, but dont wait!

3. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:sniff around and see where it stinks most. Individually pick up all the eggs in that area and give 'em a sniff!! You will definitely be able to tell which one is that bad one.
    Good luck, but dont wait!

X2

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i hate the stinch of rotten egg but sniffing is going to be the best way to find the rotten one...i havent incubated before but i know how to find rotten eggs though

5. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Thanks I found two went through all 67 one had a hole in it and the other one stunk real bad.

6. lemondsm

lemondsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Yulee, FL
    Glad you found it before it exploded on you. My first hatch ever I had one explode on my face. I thought I was going to pass out. It smelled so bad we had to open all the windows and doors and leave for a few hours. Terrible experience. The wife almost banned me from incubating eggs.

7. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I haven't had this happen yet but I know it's coming....everytime I go to the bator....I start sniffing...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by