It takes a village - oops, I mean a henhouse!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HunniB, Jun 17, 2011.

1. HunniB

HunniB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    MidCoast Maine
    My broody Serama was joined by another Serama hen in her nest. The first one didn't seem too put out at all by the company, but eventually we moved the 2nd one out into her own box with a couple of eggs after a few days. Then lo and behold our 3rd of 4 hens decided to get into the act as well. So now, we have three of our 4 Serama's sitting on nests. The first one, with 6 eggs, we think due to hatch tomorrow or Sunday, the second is on three eggs due to hatch on July 1st and the third with one egg, also due on the 1st. I feel like we are running a little nursery. I can't wait to see if we actually hatch any chicks!! (I wanted to put a little picture of the two together in their nest in this post because they are so darned cute, but I can't because I haven't made enough posts here on ethe board yet, I guess.)

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Can't wait till you can post pictures. There are so many places here to post it wont take long! Serama are so much fun to watch each of their own little personalities [​IMG]

3. HunniB

Jun 17, 2009
    MidCoast Maine
    OK - I figured out a way to at least get photos uploaded - at least to "My Page". Can't put them in posts, but figured out the Page bit, I think!!! LOL

4. CluelessChick

CluelessChick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Quote:HunniB if your able to upload pics you can put them into your posts, you go to your uploaded pics and copy the link under the picture, paste it back to here! i am a newby to this forum too and i was able to post pics after 5 posts, fingers crossed you can too [​IMG]

5. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    HunniB - thanks for the photos. They are adorable little birds! Any chance you live near the co-op in Rockland?

6. HunniB

Jun 17, 2009
    MidCoast Maine
    Hi 7&8 - no, I am in Waldoboro, but my cock came from there. So, here's hoping that he did a good job. Today or tomorrow should be "hatch day".

7. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Checked out your page, and those little broodies are adorable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by