It was an ...interesting day today.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Oct 17, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I had Friday and Monday off, for a nice 4 day weekend. All went just fine til about 2:30 pm. Sara, my DD, calls Ken to tell us her mother is there and won't leave. For those that don't know the story, she is a whacked out druggie and these days resembles a scarecrow more than a person.

Sara has left the house not wanting to deal with her, refuses to let her in. She caught her smoking crack in her bathroom last week and Sara has a newborn [​IMG]. She called me and Ken to try to get the woman to leave.

Well, let me tell you. I have never in my life seen a human being act like she did today. She is a transient due to be evicted from every place she has managed to call home. So she is throwing papers and purses and clothes all over the front yard and hollering a bunch of nonsense. Then she sees me and turns on the waterworks and begs me to drive her to rehab in Pasadena, about a 2 hour drive.

This woman has been unwelcome in my house for the last three years. What in the world would make her think I would let her in my car, much less drive her that far. Sara finally comes back because we are not the residents there and can't call the Sheriff, she has to do it. Her and her fiance show up, all 4 of us are telling her GO! You are not wanted around here just GO!.

Oh her car won't start, there is no gas, I have no money, waaa waaa waaa. Cops show up and that darn car started up just fine. She had been in front of Sara's house for 8 hours acting like this.

Sara and Ronnie are going to see if they can transfer their lease to another property and never tell her where they are.

[​IMG]

Then Ken took me out for steak and shrimp. Happy Birthday to me!!!

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow. Every family has them, some not as bad some worse. Bummer it had to happen on your birthday. Hope you and your DH had a nice & peaceful dinner. Oh ya...Happy B-day!

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Wow. That much drama on one's birthday ought to be confined to the theatre! Happy Birthday, anyway. Glad you had a good dinner. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry that this happened today.

5. debilorrah

Quote:Where she is concerned, it is always someones day that she ruins, so why should I be so special? [​IMG] I am just glad we were there to keep Sara and Ronnie from killing her. That would have really ruined the day.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Justified manslaughter?

7. debilorrah

Quote:Probably, but the justice system takes too long and Sara's baby needs his mama.

8. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Does Sara not know how to dial 911? It's about time she learned.

Having been swept up in rediculous drama myself in the past (though I know you have more life experience, you may not have seen this)... for those kind of people... the VERY best thing you can do is not give them attention. Same for Sara, even though she is not the same... being around that behaviour can elicit other strange behaviour from those who frequently see it. Like a big contagious "Look at me" syndrome. So the best thing to do, for them, is just not get involved. If she calls you about a similar situation, tell her to call the cops and go back to YOUR day. If she doesen't want to call the cops, hang up with her and call them for her, from your house.. and tell the operator that your friend/DD/whomever called you regarding a hazardous situation and you are just calling for her, and give them the address.

Just don't get mixed up in the nonsense, unless you want to be there once a week and featured on "Cops" in the background [​IMG]

Ooops... but [​IMG] [​IMG] and Happy Birthday! [​IMG]

Edited to make more sense [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  9. debilorrah

Quote:Thanks! Any time we go over there it is run interference, not get involved. It is easier for us to calm Sara and Ronnie down and ignore her than to get involved. I just sat there looking at her, which kinda made her more agitated, but I wasn't about to say anything, but "just go".

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Glad you could help Sara and got a great meal.The german chocolate cake sounded good too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by