IT WORKED!!! AI EXPLANATION PG. 2............

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
If you all remember a week or so ago, maybe two, we were talking about Artifical Insemenation.

Well I got a demonstration at the State Fair weekend before last, and when I got home I immediately took my Lavender Rooster out and collected from him, and "bred" the black hens I have him with. Then I took my white Roo and collected from him, and bred the white hens.

Well I set all of their eggs last friday afternoon.....AND IT WORKED! After four days of incubation I can see the dark spot and spider web of veins developing.

Sadly the Black hen that I AI'd at the show with my friends roo, and my whites apparently didn't take.

But my black hens apparently took to my Lavender Roo because I have 8 or 9 out of the dozen that are developing!!!

I'm so EXCITED! I had sure thought I had done it wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but EWW!! Do you need to AI silkies? Or did you do it for another reason?? If that is what needs to be done, I think I will get rid of mine!!!

I don't even want to know how you 'collected' from your roos!!!
sickbyc.gif

First of all, its not what you THINK, and second of all it isn't anything like you picture.... get your mind out of the gutter....LOL Just to put your mind at ease, the roo more or less just poops in a spoon! Thats all that is involved.

And usually the only people that have to AI are the folks that raise birds for show. Because we strategically breed their birds for the extra "fluff" it gets in the way of natural breeding, so we have to AI. Trimming them also helps, but I refuse to trim my birds.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats chris!...
clap.gif
..so what color babies do you think you'll get?..i wanna see pics of them!..
tongue.png

Well its a Lavender to Black breeding so theoretically I should get 50% "mutts" carrying the lavender gene, and 50% Blacks carrying the lavender gene. I'll just be happy if any of them hatch since I've had such bad luck hatching this year....

i wish i lived closer..i want one!..they sound beautiful!....another question..so, when you get the mutts or blacks with the lavender gene..do you then breed that chick back to the lavendar roo..to then get more lavendar gene?...is that how the breeding goes?..just curious..

I would think you would get all chicks black carrying the lavender gene... hmmmmm.... how come some will be mutts? Isn't lavender a recessive dilution of black?

Shoo, I was wondering. I mean the images, were aweful. lol I was going to ask how in the world, did you have a center fold of hen of the month or something?

Back
Top Bottom