Italian Mastiff chicken protector to give away-MO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ozark hen, May 25, 2007.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Hi, I have a two year old female full blood Italian Mastiff (that I just got last week)to give away. I need a good home for her. I got her to protect my four, small Shih-Tzu and chickens. She gets along great with the guineas, chickens, cats, male dogs but not with my only female Shih-Tzu who is under ten pounds. Now this I.M. is extremely timid, extremely intelligent and wants nothing more to do than please me. Not recommended with small children. It is their nature to protect their family. They will not instigate a fight but won't back down, my female Shih-Tzu challenges her! [​IMG] She really needs a loving home and a family to belong to [​IMG] I can email photos. In the short time that I have had her, I have walked the perimeter of the yard ( a few acres)each morning with her and she has never left the property, she "patrols" the same perimeter that I showed to her. Never even been on a leash. She loves people. please help me find her a home? We are in S.W. Missouri.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Too bad my house is so small, I'd take your mastiff. My Havanese likes friendly large dogs!
    Stephanie

3. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i wish i lived closer! it seems the neighborhood predators have figured out where i live, and i need a protector bad.

good luck!

4. Tanya

Tanya New Egg

Apr 17, 2007
    I would love to see photos! I have a 3 yr. old male pure breed Spanish Mastiff who is great with all my animals(chihuahuas, chickens, rabbits, tortoise),and he really needs a companion.We live in South Texas, but would be willing to travel![​IMG][​IMG] [email protected]

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    thanks guys, Tanya, if you are willing to travel, email me and I will email pictures to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by