Italian National Poultry Championship Dec. 2018

:love Wow! Thank you so much. I enjoyed every bit of your post :wee
LOTS more to come! It will take me several days to post them.

Satin Frizzle
Satin_frizzie.jpg

We call them Polish, the Italians call them Olandese (Holandaise). Olandese are Polish without a beard, Padovana are the Italian name for Polish with a beard. This is a white tufted khaki bantam. (not sure what the proper English name is for the coloring). Scored B92.
(refer to the second post in this thread for the scoring info).
White_tufted_Khaki_bantam_holandaise b92.jpg

Last edited:
To think that you were on vacation and cared enough to bring us back all these pictures....
What incredibly beautiful birds! I’m looking forward to seeing more!
Thank you!
Actually, I was there for work. Carrara is where the marble quarries are located, I go there to select marble. Afterwards I had meetings in Genoa and Milan for the work we are doing to help restore the sculptures at the incredible monumental cemetery in Genoa. You can check that out at http://afims.org.

A couple of Gold Partridge birds:
A gold laced Orpington
(143)Gold laced Orpington.jpg

And a gold laced Seabright
Gold-laced Seabright.jpg

Last edited:
This Twentse bantam white gold is embarrassed, because he only scored B91. But she's still beautiful. Many of the chickens were available for purchase; he was going for €50.00, currently equivalent to $57.00 US. Most of those for sale were in the €30.00 to €60.00 range, but some reached the €150.00 to €200.00 range. There were a couple
Cholmogory (Kholmogory) geese going for €250.00 ($285.00 U.S.). I'm not sure if I have photos of those, I haven't started sorting my photos of geese, guinea fowl, ducks turkeys, etc. Those birds didn't have a large presence at the show.
Fely-Twentse Nana oro bianco dq (3).jpg

He does look a bit sad. :(
Fely-Twentse Nana oro bianco dq (4).jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom