Its -12 air temp out/had an early morning visitor

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I awoke to banging on the door, they would not go away. I was very scared because there is nobody here but me and the dogs,cats,birds. A young man was at my door screaming to be let in and to 'help me!' I was very scared but I finely let him in (I had awoken from a sound sleep). It was two am.
He did not know who he was and he was very very drunk. He could not even stand up once he got in the house. He said that he had woken up in a snow bank and he didnt know where he was. So there we sat for about two hours or more. His cell phone kept ringing but he was too drunk to answer it. I finally got ahold of it but the battery had been drained. I finally figured out how to get numbers off his cell phone and started calling the numbers with my phone.. I eventually got ahold of his dad and he only lived two blocks away and he came and got him. The young man thanked me for saving his life.
Boy o boy was it cold out there-still is!!!That poor kid-I bet his dad is mad at him. But at least he is not a popsickle without a pulse.

edit: what a strange night-Im going to go take a little nap now

Last edited:
Wow! That was very brave of you. You saved a life. I hope that he will be round to thank you and will drink more sensibly in future.

I forgot to say he wasnt wearing a coat. well, I am just doing my duty as a human being.The weather where I live is not fit for man nor beast. Half my birds are in the house, the other half are living in small enclosures with tea coseys over the top to keep warm. I hope it "snaps" out of this arctic "chill" soon.
But I am glad he didnt have any "criminal" intentions. Yeah I only slept about an hour last night so Im getting a little fuzzy in the head.

Wow Kris. You was alot braver then I would have been. Of course....I have a doberman..and a gun..always by the front door.
tongue.png
So glad you are ok, and the young man is home safe.

Wow, I'm glad everything turned out ok. What a good deed you did!!! I watch way too much news and may have been too afraid to let someone in especially since my husband works nights.

You let someone you didn't know in the house in the middle of the night?! I would have called 911. No way would I have let him in.

Quote:
Your right the weather isn't fit for man or beast but, next time call 911. What if he had meant harm?

They are calling for a good turn in the weather this weekend, let's pray they are right!

Back
Top Bottom