Its 2:00 A.M., do you know where your children are?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HallFamilyFarm, Sep 26, 2010.

1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Its 2:00 A.M., do you know where your children are? Our 5 year old was just found by her mother, sitting in the living room, in front of the TV with a cup of milk. When asked where she got the milk, she said, “I made it. I know how.” To make matters worse, her almost 13 year old sister found her first and thought WE had placed her with the TV at 2 in the morning! Nicole’s mother told her that “since you are so big, let’s learn how to tell time!” She is now back in the bed…..we hope!

[​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cute. Been there done that except mine had a PB&J with his milk, hang in there [​IMG]

3. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    She is the youngest of 5. Caught the oldest girl, at about the same age, watching the Disney channel all night. May be a genetics thing.

4. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:If you get the Disney Channel it means you have a control box. Go to parental controls and set the times when you want the box to function. Problem solved. It is cute but terrifying thinking about a young child roaming the house while you're in bed. Our house has 2 bedrooms on one end with the master bedroom on the other and the living room and kitchen in between. The other 4 rooms are down in the walk out. The little kids sleep on the same floor as us.

5. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Quote:If you get the Disney Channel it means you have a control box. Go to parental controls and set the times when you want the box to function. Problem solved. It is cute but terrifying thinking about a young child roaming the house while you're in bed. Our house has 2 bedrooms on one end with the master bedroom on the other and the living room and kitchen in between. The other 4 rooms are down in the walk out. The little kids sleep on the same floor as us.

That was a few years ago. We use Netflix now. Computer is in our room. Kids get DVDs and videos. More control that way. Unless a 5 year old wanders around at 2 am!

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My son is 8 and he gets up in the night sometimes. I rarely catch him in the act, but in the morning I'll find lights left on that I know we shut off and dishes or toys out that weren't there when we went to bed. He's quiet because he knows we'll fuss at him if he wakes us up and he eventually puts himself back to bed and gets up on time for school. [​IMG]

7. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    We have a 12 year old that is in need of losing some weight. We limit her during waking hours. We are not horrible. She eats the same stuff as the other kids, we just limit her portions to what she should be eating. She sneaks up at night and raids the kitchen. The worst possible time to be eating. Right before sleeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by