1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's 70 degrees on Christmas Day.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scgamecock, Dec 25, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    It's been colder at Easter than it is right now.I got up at 6am and walked outside and I could have been in shorts and flip flops.It just doesn't feel like Christmas with this weather.Sorry I'm really not complaining and I'm thankful for such good weather but it makes it hard to get the Christmas spirit when you think you are in the Bahama's. lol Merry Christmas everyone!!God Bless.

2. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    It is a pretty day in the south, hope you have a merry Chirstmas

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Florida is pretty toasty today too. Good day for the kids to ride their new bikes, but I am like you...flip flops are looking pretty good right now...

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Not sure of our temp, but it feels so pleasant here. Went out to the chickies and one of my girls who has not laid an egg since it got cold jumped out of the nest looking all proud and leaving behind one of her huge, perfect eggs!!!! [​IMG]

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Back in 1989 we had 2 feet of snow on the ground for Christmas so we can have any kind of weather in South Carolina.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's 53 here right now... but it's supposed to get down to 32 degrees tomorrow morning... and that is very cold for Phoenix.

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    We have had some really cold weather so far this winter but it's all of a suden turned hot.BTW it was 19 degrees Monday night.

8. Moodene

Moodene Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Devers, Texas
    Suppose to get up around 77 today for me. I am already in shorts,tank top,and clogs...just the way I like..[​IMG]

9. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    It's in the 70's right now. I have the windows open and a breeze blowing.

10. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    uh huh......rub it in! I have 6 inches of snow outside and 3-5 predicted for today alone! Maybe we'll go sledding later today! WOO HOO!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by