Its a blizzard up in NW NJ

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hypnofrogstevie, Dec 13, 2007.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Snow everywhere! The roads have not been plowed yet and we got about and inch 1/2. how about you guys?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Umm...not to make you feel bad, but it's 70 here in NC today...

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Just starting here in the southern Hudson area. All the animals are running around getting in their last morsels. Chooks won't be happy - especially my roo, Mr. Ed. He hates the snow.

Hang in there - at least it isn't ice! All of you folks with that terrible ice - so sorry for you. [​IMG]

4. Lilychick

Lilychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2007
    MA
    Nothing yet, but schools are closing early in preparation for the big storm.

stay tuned...

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am going to hate the ice. Was watching the local news last night and they said the ice storm is moving towards NJ.

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Im in CT--same thing here. getting ready to sit tight for the day.

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I just came in the house after walking around barefoot in my yard. [​IMG]

8. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

OH wow........we too are getting snow today and tomorrow.nothing like that though..........I look forward to snow!

9. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    It's ice here in central NJ. Nasty. BJ and Annie will have none of it. I closed their little entrance/exit door so they wouldn't have to endure a blast of cold air. I was supposed to be at meetings all day but did not want to get stuck on the roads as invariably happens in this weather. I guess I'll be making the feathered ones a nice warm scrambled egg in it a bit. Just offered warm butternut squash which Annie inhaled and BJ has decided this week he isn't in the mood for. I heard BJ and Annie saying they were hitching the next ride to NC - I think I should like to join them!
    JJ

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Me to. Cant wait to check out more homes for sale there. Snow is to cold for me. Give me the warmth!
    southern can you build a high industial fan to blow the warmth this way lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by