1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Its a boxer brawl !!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickengirlnm, Oct 13, 2007.

1. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    These are some pics i tried to take of my kids doing what they do best !!

they play like this all the time sounds like a war zone in the backyard- just think when they are in the house they do this in the living room !!!

the big guy laying down is Wally after the girls had him pinned to the ground half the time- what a bunch of goof balls they are !!

[​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very cute! Looks like they are having a good time!

Playing dogs sure can sound vicious! It's scary how rough they seem to get sometimes, but it's all in good fun. I love to watch them play, especially as puppies.

3. CHILLbilly

CHILLbilly Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2007
    Northern Ontario Canada
    hahaha
    good to know I am not the only boxer owner that has to put up with all the noise of "dog fights"
    haha
    I hear the loudest growls and barks and moans and groans when my Boxer cross and australian shep cross go at it.
    funny thing is..they are usually 2" from each other not even touching.....and the gentlest bites..

I stick my hand in to make sure nobody is getting to out of control.

Not sure if "the dog whisperer" would condone the play "brawls" but it sure looks like fun and the smiles I see after are priceless.

P.S. Both dogs are very submissive so its all for show and for fun!

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    It does sound like a huge dog fight when they get going - but I know it is all in good fun.
    we dont have any kids, but I have made it a point to " baby proof " all the dogs- we handle them alot as babies and I put my hand in the food dish while they are eating, play with thier ears,tails,feet etc..etc...
    but when they get playing you would think it was a pack of wild dogs fighting over a hunk of meat LOL

I love my boxers - I never knew they were such goof balls until we got a few LOL I am hoping for a nice litter of puppies from my brindle female and the big guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by