It's a crockpot kind of day!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by LovinMyPeeps, Jan 24, 2010.

1. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    So here in the great Northeast (or atleast where I am) we actually have a warm sunny day (and by warm I mean about 35 degrees) so I need to get a lot of outside stuff accomplished. I decided it was a crockpot day so I'm not slaving at the stove. Currently in the crockpot is a rolled venison roast (graciously donated by the doe that demolished the front end of my truck this winter), cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, onions, fingerling potatoes and carrots (all hold overs from my summer garden) and some fresh garlic...

Anyone else doing a crock pot dinner on this nice Sunday afternoon?

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] sounds yummy!

What time is dinner?

Imp-Cleans up good

3. Turkenlover

Turkenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Well, it's not super cold here, but there's a certain chill to the air... I think that a crockpot meal's a great idea. I'm super jealous about your venison roast though... not your fender... I will stick with my beef roast. Maybe some potatoes and some winter squash....

Yummy!! [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] Thanks now im starving...

I wish i was home so I could work outside .. Jobs [​IMG]

5. LovinMyPeeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:LOL dinner is at 6:30pm Eastern, but if your here I may make you help organize the coop...

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:LOL dinner is at 6:30pm Eastern, but if your here I may make you help organize the coop...

I'm on my way- running as fast as I can.

Imp- I'm a coop cleaning machine

Hmmm- that sounds like a good signature line

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    OH...Peeps...don't forget the Saints game!!!! LOL We have a huge roast cooking in the slow cooker...boudin and boudin balls...mmmmmm!!

8. LovinMyPeeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:Man oh man I should be down there watching the game with you and eating boudin even if I've never had it... is it spicy? I love cajun and creole... mmmmmm

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    We have a lil bit of both here...and you are more than welcome to come! LOL

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    not here its a pizza night tonight.. I am going to a Guns "n" Roses concert tonight so I am leaving pizza money with the sitter...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by