it's a GIRL!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chkinut, May 12, 2010.

1. chkinut

chkinut Songster

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i'm SO excited!! [​IMG] i just got the results in from my little 10 day old silkie! i had her eggshell tested and she's a GIRL!!! yeah! she's here to stay!!!! [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    [​IMG] I have to ask... how do you get an eggshell tested? I've never heard of such a thing.

3. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    What do you mean? I've never heard of that-what's testing the eggshell all about? Congrats to you!

4. chkinut

chkinut Songster

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    Go to this site:

http://www.avianbiotech.com/SexingCenter.htm

i just saved her eggshell after she hatched and you send it in (along with 25 bucks) and they can use the membrane left over in the eggshell to determine the sex of the chick. it's awesome! now i don't have to wait and wonder. especially with the silkie breed cuz they can take FOREVER to determine the sex.

5. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Hmmmmm....that page would not load for me. Tried it three times and it just kept coming up with the same message: "Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to www.avianbiotech.com"

What kind of accuracy percentage do they claim to have? Just kind of curious. Wondering if it's worth $25. It probably wouldn't be for me. They're going to be what they're going to be. But I could see it as a useful tool if you're heavy into breeding.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I thought i was reading about a human baby posted in the wrong site that should be under "family/life thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: