It's a good thing my kids are too young . . .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jtbrown, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    It is a good thing my kids are too young to make fun of me!

I have reached a limit physically, I am 40, too round, and feeling like my body is struggling. My sugar is up, and I am not liking it. So, I have started walk/running on the treadmill, and I got Zumba and Dance 3 for the Wii for Christmas. I like to exercise, feel great when I do, but it is so hard to get into the routine. I just went to the basement and the kids came with. They thought I was cool dancing to Dance 3. Oh my gosh, did I look silly. It is a good thing they are 5 and 6 and still think most of what I do is funny or cool. They were dancing right along with me.

I also signed up for the Warrior Dash in the spring. So, this is not a New Year's resolution, but an Oh My, my body is not young admission. Anyone else have those Wii titles? Anyone else doing the Warrior Dash ( look it up online)?

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I do not have those games. I do support you in your effort to get fit. I am in my early 40's as well. It is worth every bit of effort.

There was a time when I was 70 pounds heavier than I am now. It made stairs very painful to use.
    You can do it!
    Stick to your guns!

( I am still not thin lol but I AM healthy and I walk a lot )

Many hugs for the kids for working out with you. Make a game out of it!

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Let me know how you like them - I'm also in my early 40's and have gained a lot of weight over the last few years thanks to my thyroid and drinking too much soda. I didn't watch the whole show but Dr. Oz mentioned that you should think of crystals of sugar like shards of glass in your body.

Gonna try and get back in shape starting this week. And your right - it's not so much doing the exercise - its keeping doing it. Maybe I need a specific goal myself.

ETA: My kids would laugh WITH me - they are 17,19,21.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    They aren't too young, they'll be throwing it up to you for years! But when they get close to that age, they'll think of it, they will try to get in shape in front of THEIR kids, and they will throw it up to them... it's the circle of life. Living long enough to say "I told you so" is the best revenge. [​IMG]

5. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I have the Wii fit... and the Wii sports edition!

I am 37 with Rheumatoid Arthritis and three teens! I went from a svelte 104 to an unkind 126 (I'm 4'11") in a very short period of time, so I hear you on anything a person can do to stay active! Keep it up and mostly just don't give up...

6. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!!!! The Warrior Dash!!!!!

Where do you live and what one are you doing? Good luck to you (in my book to try the WD is to Win). To finish the WD is AWESOME!!!!

Keep up the hard work...

Will you please start a new thread on your Warrior Dash? Keep us posted on your progress. Add a link about the WD so BYCers know what it is and how hard it is.

I would love to know how you are doing.

Maye

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Yes,good thing.My ds thought me on the treadmill was hilarious,so I limit my exercise to when they are at school!

8. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm ashamed to say that yes, my daughter has Wii Dance, Wii Sports
    and several other activity-needed games.

Spook has played them all. Some better than others. Some, I'll never
    try again. There is a reason I am round.

Spook also admits to owning a treadmill. Nice electric one. An excercise
    bike. (Which my wife "crashed" one day while riding) A ski machine of some
    sort. And of course, what home is complete without a set of weights?

All of this equipment is in excellent condition, regardless of its age. Has been
    used very, very, little.

Round people do not excercise very well.

There is a reason I'm round.

I look at those joggers every time I pass one. And I know that someday they'll
    come to their senses and quit that foolishness. Give up. Surrender. Quit. Let
    nature take its natural course.

I mean, face reality. How far do I really have to walk? From one room to the
    next. And I've got chairs in every room so I can rest. Outside? That's where I
    keep my golf cart. Right by the porch, even. I can ride it to my car. And I promise
    you, if I leave my property...I'm taking my car.

I have never seen the need to jog several miles from home. That's not gonna happen.

I haven't broke a sweat in years. No intention of starting now.

I broke down a few years ago...bought us all nice new bicycles. And that's exactly
    what they are today...still nice new bikes. My wifes bike still has the training wheels
    on. (It's been while since she's let it all hang out in the wind.)

I did ride mine down the driveway once. Then I realized...my driveway goes downhill.
    Good thing my daughter was there to ride it back up. My wife came to get me on the
    golf cart.

There's a reason I'm round.

Don't misunderstand me. I like watching young people excercise. It's probably
    good for them. And it sure does my heart good to watch some of those young women
    in the park. I know their schedule, I ride there on my golf cart.

But me...I like my brownies.

A whole bunch.

Spook...the very roundest Spook in town.

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    This post makes me want to go for a jog. I haven't been jogging in a week or more. [​IMG]

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:Lets go EM!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by