Its a great day..we have an egg!!!

supermommy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
central ny
Oh Im so eggcited! Its a small little tan one but perfect. Problem is I dont know who layed it..I ast them who wanted to take claim an know one seemed to want too
lol.png

Are they usually small when they first start? Either way Im so happy...

Congrats!!!
celebrate.gif

We got our first small tan egg 2 weeks ago, on the 6th. It came from my RIR. Then we started getting green eggs from one of the EE's, and even 2 whites from a Leghorn. We finally completed our first dozen on Friday, so I made scrambled eggs yesterday morning. They were beautiful and YUMMMMMMMY
droolin.gif
I hope the next dozen comes much faster!

Congratulations!
One of our pullets (unknown breed, I call them Heinz 57's) started laying last Sunday. Then she didn't lay anything again until Friday and then again yesterday. I found out which one was laying yesterday. She was in the same nest as my older barred rock hen. It was weird to see them sharing the same nest box. The young one is the top female in the pecking order and the barred rock is second to the bottom. But there they were, both in the same nest, and seemingly getting along. Although the barred rock was in the back and had her neck stretched up looking around as though checking out an escape route in case things turned ugly.
lol.png

Forgot to mention, they're bantams. It took all week to get enough for scrambled eggs this morning, with a few left for my cake later today.

Congrats! Remember when we got our first egg and it was so exciting. Not all our girls are laying yet - can't wait to get white eggs from Brown Leghorns and green from Americana- Chickens are the best!! always bearing gifts
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom