Its A Heat Wave!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 7AcreOrganics, May 16, 2008.

1. 7AcreOrganics

7AcreOrganics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Ashland Oregon
    We have 80 chicks, in seperate brooders of course, but in our garage. Its 100 here in Oregon. The chicks are 2 days old, and 2 weeks old, and 2 months old. We have the door open, window open, and two fans going. Its about 80-90 in the garage though. I am safe to assume the heat lamps can go off till late tonight?? They looked wilted, the poor things, so I did unplug them....any input?
    Thanks

2. joshchickens

joshchickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2007
    Hey i live in grants pass oregon. I just have fans going on mine and im checking on them a lot.
    I cant belive this weather

3. 7AcreOrganics

7AcreOrganics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Ashland Oregon
    So you turned off your heat lamp though? Even for 2 day old chicks, you think its OK? Just last week, we had frost...!

4. joshchickens

joshchickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2007
    yeah you know only oregon has this weather!! last month it was snowing!! now its 100 degrees. i have a thermastat and im adjusting the temps by bringing the heat lamp up and down. But i do have a fan to get the air cirrculating.

5. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am sorry, but you are wrong. [​IMG] Idaho also has this weather, heck two weeks ago it was snowing and the thermometer today says 98 degrees. [​IMG]

6. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Ditto in Washington

7. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I'll second that. We're getting the same in WA, just not quite so hot in W WA.

8. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Yep. In Bothell right now it's 85 or so. Had to turn my heat lamp off as well cause my 2 1/2 week olds were starting to overheat too. It's constant back and forth to make sure that temp doesn't get too hot, they have enough air, check their water to make sure they have enough and it's not hot ... [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You're kidding! It's only about 60 degrees here in GA. today, cold and wet. I was in sweats all day long.

10. jkm

jkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Forest Grove
    its 93 in my backyard....so strange,,, i like rain

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by