1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's a morning of firsts around here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by miss_jayne, Feb 18, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    OH MY GOSH!

my first pip in my Dickey incubator, found the first duck egg today and had two more chickens start laying today! it has been a very exciting morning of 'firsts'!

[​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    [​IMG] Wow!! This is your lucky day!! We want pics when those babies hatch!! [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

WoooHoooo! Looks like some of your girls jumped off the freeloading train!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:it is! i sure will post them!

Buster, it looks like it's off the Freeloader Train onto the Gravy Train! woot woot!

5. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Your lucky day...you better go buy a Lotto ticket!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:well, that would be a first too! [​IMG]

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Is it just the reflections on the egg shell or is that first egg soft?? It looks like it has 2 indents on it??
    Just curious...

Congrats on your FIRSTS!!!!!

do these eggs get to go into the incubator???

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:good eye! of course, i would expect nothing less from a truffle shuffler!

yes it was soft. looks like it surprised the layer too, it was in the middle of the coop!

9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

yes it was soft. looks like it surprised the layer too, it was in the middle of the coop!

[​IMG] [​IMG] Do it Chunk...Do the Truffle Shuffle...I think I am gonna name my next Rooster that..."Truffle Shuffle" after all they do kind do a dance to get the girls interested in them... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI

[​IMG] [​IMG] Do it Chunk...Do the Truffle Shuffle...I think I am gonna name my next Rooster that..."Truffle Shuffle" after all they do kind do a dance to get the girls interested in them... [​IMG] [​IMG]

DO IT! i'm so stealing the idea as well! the first cockerel i get in this batch is so gonna be TS! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by