It's a RUG! run, fly, squwak and hide.......

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Over this past weekend I let the chickens run around the yard ( I need the dogs outside when I do as we have a horrible hawk problem). I was doing a little house cleaning and took the rug from in front of the backdoor out onto the stoop for a good shaking.
The chickens were relatively close as they were all looking for goodies in the yard. The first good whip of that rug sent panic throughout the flock. I mean it was an EXPLOSION
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
of chickens. They ran, flew, hide in every direction possible.
I never gave it a thought it would freak them out so. I guess the very sudden movement resemble a quick moving predator.
The panic was so that my neighbor who was doing dishes noticed and called and asked me if something was after my chickens.

WHO KNEW

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOSH and then silence, it is a funny thing to witness ,just goes to show ya they are aware of things around them ,which could save their lives one day.

Yeah, ours hate it whenever we hang up big stuff like sheets/blankets on the clothesline close to the chicken house -- sometimes they won't even come out if wind is blowing the laundry around a lot.

Back
Top Bottom