It's a sad birthday this year!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by theCoolAimee, Dec 14, 2011.

1. theCoolAimee

theCoolAimee Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    Not only did I have to get rid of my chickens, including the ones I JUST got, but my mom sold my pet rabbit to my uncle... who ATE her! It made me so sick. My baby Calibur(a beautiful mixed doggy) has disappeared... honestly, I think my bro took him off. He is the sweetest dog.... Why is all this going down? cuz pops finally did it. He got arrested for assault and manufacturing a controlled substance. He was our only source of income and now we have to move. I know it's lame to post this online, but i'm so sad for my animals and no one around me cares. sorry to vent on here, but i need someone who may understand what i'm going thru. I have to move from the country into a small house with hardly any yard. I could deal with it, but my animals are a big part of my life. My brother and his wife are moving with us and she kept saying she didn't want the big dog (Calibur) to go with us.. and now he's gone. suspicious? (also, they have a big pit they want to bring -.-) the plus side is that my dad is in jail for a while and I do get to keep my chinchilla, gecko, and cat. (Praise Jesus) I'm so thankful for everything I have left - don't get me wrong. Sunday is my birthday and I was going to get silkies, but now I can' t afford them and will barely have space for the flock I desired [​IMG] I was wondering if anyone could post some pretty silkie pictures to cheer me up? nothing makes me happy quite like those birds. Thanks for reading my rant!

2. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    Honestly, I feel bad for my dad because he will be in jail during the holidays.. but he wouldn't stop hitting me and mama, we kept begging him to. he threw a book at us when the cops came and almost got tazed. idk what we'll do when he gets out. I know he'll be mad. I love my dad, but he loves alcohol. I would have dealt with it if it were just me, but when he hit my mom it really made me want to do something. I mean, how many more times before he would have killed her? I couldn't stand that. why do I feel like I did something wrong

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Aimee,

YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!

it would probably be best that you stay away from your dad for an extended period until he can get some professional help.

Alcoholism is a wicked disease. It has torn apart many thousands of families.

I'm saying a prayer for you.

BTW... we lost our Golden Retriever today and I'm still VERY sad over it. Don't know how she got loose and got away. I'm feeling your pain.

4. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    I'm sorry about your retriever [​IMG] Calibur was a great Pyrenees mix.. beautiful golden coat, he almost looked like a giant fox. I just want him to be safe.
    My family is falling apart. I'm trying to be strong for them here, but it's hard. My little brother's don't want to move with us, so mama feels like she's losing everyone. one brother is going to stay with my sis until school is out, and one is moving in with a friend. I had to talk her out of using the money from selling all our stuff to bail him out (bail was too high anyway) because she wants things to go back to normal. But whats normal about a man beating on his wife and daughter? whats weird is, if anyone else was to hit me, i'd probably hit back. but when my dad did it, I couldn't. I just kept thinking that he's my dad and I just couldn't do anything. When he hit my mom tho, that was a different feeling entirely. I wonder why that is.

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm here for you. Sometimes life can be so unfair. It's hard when everything around you seems out of control. I'm sorry you don't have your dog and chickens. I'm sure there in loving homes. Things will get better, just give it time and think positive. I wish I had some silkies, they are so beautiful. Hopefully when you get settled in your new place you can have a small flock of silkies. Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    We are all here for you!

6. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    Thank you so much. Things are crazy right now. I'm sure things will start looking up. THANK GOD mom got a house when she had money (from a settlement) it was supposed to be a retirement home, and needs a lot of work. We won't be homeless tho, and that's more than I can ask for in this situation.

7. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have been in your shoes. I can understand your mother needing to get rid of your animals, but doing so without discussing it with you is a betrayal of trust. She may have thought she was doing the right thing, but it is still a betrayal of trust. My uncle butchered my beloved pet duck after saying he would take care of her and give her a good home. I never did forgive him for that. We had to move suddenly and we could not take her with us. If he was unable and/or unwilling to take care of her, he should have told me that up front rather than lying to me. Even though I was a child, he owed me that.

Your father is where he belongs. Don't waste sympathy on him. He earned his way to the Graybar Hotel all by his ownself. Nobody did it to him. Be thankful the situation didn't escalate to the point he injured or killed one of you. You might consider attending a few meetings of Alateen. It will help you deal with a lot of issues.

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Sorry for all that you are going through.Sounds like jail is a good place for your dad.Maybe there are programs that will help put him on a good path if he is willing to take that step. Focus on your studies and before you know it you will be old enough to be on your own.Save your money and you could buy a place.So many cheap homes out there and dh says it might stay that way for a while. Once on your own you can get new pets and no one will ever take them away again.

9. critterrun

critterrun Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    NJ
    I am so sorry
    wish I was closer to help

my family was broken apart due to Alcoholism It is a wicked disease

it will get better

10. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    Thanks so much. If anyone knows any good schools in gulfport or where the feed shops are (I buy my chinchilla food from them, it's cheaper) can you please let me know?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by