It's a Sad Day in California

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by NeoRoey, Aug 31, 2010.

1. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chirping

Aug 27, 2010
    We had two peachicks- Lazy and KirbyII. Lazy was very unlucky. He/she could not make it out of the egg. After hours, we had to help him. Finally, he got out. He and KirbyII were like two peas in a pod. They were always together, and always wanted to be. Although, Lazy never seemed 100%. He would always sleep earlier than KirbyII and wake up much later. He definitely wasn't the bird that would cuddle with me because he didn't like being held AT ALL. Whenever they would be separated, KirbyII would yell for Lazy or vice versa and that's all they would be focused about. One day, I awoke to this letter (P.S. My mom's Israeli, don't laugh)-
    -----
    Boker Tov [Good Morning] Roey,
    I'm So So Sorry
    one of the peacack
    gon...(maybe got sick)
    don't worry Abba (dad)
    going to keep the other
    1 alive.
    Love You
    Yaffa
    Call me.
    -----
    R.I.P.
    Lazy

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Hybridchucks likes this.

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear this... Hope KirbyII doesn't get too lonely [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I'm so sorry [​IMG]

4. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chirping

Aug 27, 2010
    Thanks. KirbyII is on my lap all day anyways, so I'm sure he won't get TOO lonely.

5. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Oh thats terribly sad! I hope your KirbyII does ok. It is very hard to loose a little one. That was a very sweet letter your mom left (doesn't matter if the language is broken, the emotion is always the same!) It is also very supportive that she and your dad understand that its difficult for you and that they offer their support to help you and to make sure the other little one is well taken care of. Good luck to you and your family with KirbyII, I'm sure he's got a great home!

6. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chirping

Aug 27, 2010
    Thank you so much. We just let Kirby roam now,- he's farther away from feces. Although, he usually justsits on my bed and watches me...all day.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Watch your spelling. There's a BIG difference between fences & feces. [​IMG]

8. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chirping

Aug 27, 2010
    No, I meant to say feces [​IMG] .

9. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by