It's a work in progress....but this is what I have so far! (More pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chris Herzog, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Yea, I know.... I must be out of my mind!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took these with my phone over the the last few weeks, I'll try and get a few more that's a little better quality when I get home and it's not dark. Anyway, what you think of the coop? I re-sized the pics to make it easier for you to see.

Chris

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    From what I can see, that looks great! The pics are small...is there anyway you could upload them to photo bucket or something & copy/paste the [​IMG]

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Very nice. Makes me jealous. LOL

4. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Heck with the chickens.... can I live there??? Just kidding but its super nice. Those are Lucky chickens! I really like the run to, what size is everything?

5. cajun Rabbit

cajun Rabbit Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    wow! just WOW that is impressive. Good luck trying to explain to kin folk that come visiting and you offer them the couch while your chicks have such a nice home [​IMG]

You did great.

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I [​IMG] it!

Especially the door that has the openings to see!!! [​IMG]

7. Chris Herzog

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    OK, I re-did all the pics so you all could see them better. The coop it self is 16'x 8'. There is a 4' porch and a 4' storage area right when you walk in through the front door. You will be able to collect all the eggs right there with out going into the back part by the birds. The back section where the birds are is 8' x 8'. I put a string in the front section to allow me to open and close the chicken’s door to the run, also so I don't have to go back by the birds in the morning when I'm leaving out for work. The coop is insulated and also has a box fan on a timer to help circulate the air in the hot summer months. The attached run is 12' x 20'. At the moment I have a run with-in the run because I have hens that are 3 months old and six pullets that are only 1 month old. I’ll keep them separated until they all get to be closer in size so no one gets hurt.

I still have work to do to it and I want to add a smaller coop inside of the run to make/use as a breeding shed (for lack of a better name). When I do collect eggs down the road to hatch, I want to know what birds they are coming from.

Anyway thanks for all the comments and thanks for looking,
    Chris

8. CountryCentinel

CountryCentinel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2011
    CDA
    Geeze, setting the bar pretty high... ;-)

9. OneTenthAcreAndAChicken

OneTenthAcreAndAChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    San Diego
    That's beautiful. I agree with cajun Rabbit - the couch is gonna be a tough sell for any visitors you get. I think all that's missing is a hammock so you can hang out and watch chicken TV [​IMG]

10. Chris Herzog

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Quote:LOL! Look at the third pic, top left hand corner along the fence line by the gate. You can just barley make out the frame for the hammock! LOL! That's to funny.

By the way, my mother in law was convinced that I was building this for her and that's not a joke either. She had a fit when she came over and the birds were actually in there.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by