Its about chicken behaviors .........rooster being notty.........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rooster brandon., Sep 15, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Please help my rooster is pecking and holding on to the back of my hens............is he just being normal or is he just being mean........[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    This is normal mating behavior for roos, watch that he doesn't bare the back of a favorite hen, that also happens.

3. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    oooohhhhh ok thats what that is i kinda thought that might be it because he kinda pulls them down on the ground too:weee ........well at least he is not just doing it for fun........thank you and god bless......................[​IMG]

4. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
  5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    not to be rude but he is not pulling any feathers he just grabs but if he does i will get a sattle........or how ever you spell sattle.......[​IMG] i should know how to spell that........

6. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    A saddle, just like for a horse, will protect their backs when the rooster actually mounts them. It can take awhile for you to see feather loss. Some of them also have shoulder protectors if you notice loss on the wings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by