It's Absolutely Killing Me!!! ((Friday Rant))

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Picky Chicky, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    It's 2:27pm... just me and one other poor sap is stuck here at work while our bosses are playing golf... it's GORGEOUS outside (after what felt like weeks of rain and cold) and we're stuck here - bored.

I want to be at home helping DH finish my coop in time for tomorrow - I'm getting more chickens. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry... just had to waste some forum space complaining. Please forgive me!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oo oo me too me too I am stuck here on a beautiful day and half the office is gone and the rest of us are playing solitaire and just here for appearances... I wannt go plant my raspberries!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yeah, well, I'm just here waiting for another LATE client.

I work till 5:45 tonight and then I have 18 patients tomorrow.

Let's have a pity party... or

perhaps we should just thank the good Lord that we have employment!

4. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:I know some days I'd kill to be bored but not on a Friday!!

LOL - I think I might haunt the USA Today Sodoku site. [​IMG]

5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oh I am very thankful for my job! Especially being a Financial Worker for Social Services, I hand out the food stamps and health care to the laid off people. But it seems that now that the weather is nice and they dont have emergency heat bills to get us to pay not a one of them comes in for anything and here I sit... actually hoping for a new application to come in....

6. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Me too - love my job and always appreciative to have one - considering the economy... but when everyone else is having a fun day outside I can't help but to be just a teeny bit jealous... especially when I need to prep for new chickens!!

Yay for new chickens!

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Dance party? *switches on boombox with my Mom's Ipod in it.*

8. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Quote:I'm with you. This is the kind of day I wish I didn't have a window in my office. Who knew the world could look so blue and green?

I'd love to be home building chicken fence and setting up for ducklings to come on the 22nd.

Most run to the feed store before going home, though.

9. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Yes you should all be so happy you have jobs. But I completley know what you mean about being stuck at work on a nice day. I have been forturnate enough to be a stay at home mom for the last years. So back out to the yard I will go. It will be time to get off work soon. Have a great weekend everyone.

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    What's killing me is the excitement for tomorrow's swap meet. It will be my first time ever having my art and chickens for sale in that kind of setting. I am excited, nervous, and scared at the same time. I should be taking a nap since we have to leave the house at 4 am but I can't sleep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by