It's all about "ME"

dianer29

Songster
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
Yesterday and last night and it seems ungoing my chicks have gone thru hell and back. I want to thank all you who are now sleeping of course for a very upsetting experience. I get it ,chickens have no rights,heck if I don't why should they have any. Thank you for the bombs bursting in air ,or should I say against the fence almost nonstop. I know "why don't you confront them "nicely" ,been there did that,just got worse. Oh but it is not my property so..the heck with you and your low on the food chain chickens......I will say no more and by the way I do not need any input from any guilty parties.This is AMERICA land of the free Most people do not even know what the heck it is they are celebrating. If this needs to be moved to rant and rave section then please move it.

I know, I'm "done" with fireworks too! Really nasty, obnoxious, noisy and dangerous! If it is any consolation, I am sure the chickens will recuperate and do just fine (mine seemed mostly unfazed). Hopefully soon they will be illegal....

idunno.gif
Maybe problems with neighbors and fireworks? I hope you and your girls are doing better.
hugs.gif

Not quite sure I understand but if this is about fireworks Iexpect they'll be fine. My girls don't even flinch at the mower I push around and I noticed that when I was using my cordless circular saw inside the coop for modifications they were practically underfoot. I noticed that when I'm in the coop or near them when something seems afoot they calm right down as if to say "he's here we're ok, we're safe." Must be the result of them watching me beat the @##$%%%^ out of that coon that got in the coop long ago. They go inside when I use the snowblower to make my path so I can get to their coop and I never hear any screaming. So if it's fireworks, plant some tall slender trees on that side of your property. Kinda like Poplars or Arbotivars (spelling?). Heck I'd sleep in the coop if it would make them happy, but then I'm three bricks shy of a load anyhow. (just kidding folks). Course I know my wife would be happy too, she always says I hog all the covers. (just kidding again folks).

Thank you all for who responded as I am worn to a frazzle. They are in a run in garage they get to hear it but not see it coming..........................

Ahh, that can be annoying. A couple of years ago I was managing a campground during the summer. Well, at about 1 am, some campers decided to go out in the front parking lot and start setting off their fourth of july fireworks. I would not have minded if they did it at a reasonable hour, and asked first. But, 1 am, lots of fireworks, and I had horses tethered to a picket line at one end of the property that were not used to loud noises like that. So the horses all broke the line and went running around through the campground like crazy, I went out after them, the dog got out after me and was running around panicking, and campers were running around panicking and screaming, thinking all the loose animals were bears! Fortunately everyone was ok and got put away safely.

As long as the fireworks are not hitting your birds, they'll get over it.

yes it is all about "me" with alot of people and the heck with anyone else's space or peace. You can only wonder what is it that goes thru their minds?!You can mind your own business in this world ,raise chickens and children responsibly,drive responsibly etc, some just do not get it ,they are not the only ones here on earth!

Last edited:
My neighbors always set off firecrackers on new years eve. One of my dogs is terrified of them. I was gone, but intended to be home before midnight. Of course that didn't happen so I came home to a hole in my fence and that dog gone (the other two won't leave if their lives depended on it!). After wandering around the neighborhood in my pajamas at 2 am I found her and got her home safely.

I'm not sure how the girls felt about the noise, but I did get my first egg today. Maybe it scared the egg out of her!

But, I do agree with you. I wish they'd knock off the fireworks. I hate having a shaking, terrified dog on almost every holiday.

My birds didnt care about the fireworks last night. Not that i could see. My dog freaked out, but she always does that. She's always inside, so it's fine.
Their coop is insulated pretty well so they probably didnt hear it too bad.

I like fireworks...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom