It's all GracefulBantams fault!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Mar 28, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I got to hold one of her beautiful silkies at a poultry show today. Now every other word out of my mouth is silkie, silkie silkie. I'm driving my SO crazy. I will have silkies no matter what! It's become my life's mission.
    I'm thinking largest dog kennel made, screened porch, fixing the yard gate so the bruisers aka brahmas can't get in and bother the sweet little darlings.
    I can just imagine myself sitting in my rocker loving and talking to one of those sweet little things. That is, as soon as I figure out which end you're s'pose to talk to. [​IMG]

Another note of the poultry show: I guess I'm still pretty chicken ignorant. I didn't realize there were chickens in this world smaller than my rooster's leg (old english game bantams). [​IMG]

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

I can't imagine a farm without silkies now... [​IMG]

3. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I love my silkies and can't wait for them to have offspring.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    We tried to warn you... One look is all it takes. You actually held one! There is no hope for your soul now. [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I know *heavy sigh* Tomorrow I start saving my pennies for a silkie coop. The silkie told me I should stop eating to pay for the coop. I can do this.

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    You make me smile just about every time I see your posts. Are silkies really sweet and want to sit in your lap kind of chickns? Yall got me wondering if I need to have a couple (or 4 5 6 7) around here on the farm.

7. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:Oh you've got it bad!! [​IMG] But if you are going to be sitting holding a silky or any other kind of chicken- U might check out investing in the "chicken diapers" [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Oh you've got it bad!! [​IMG] But if you are going to be sitting holding a silky or any other kind of chicken- U might check out investing in the "chicken diapers" [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hey now!!!! There is nothing wrong with a chicken diaper!!! Since my 11 y/o is really convinced his Silkie, Alice, will be sleeping with him, I am looking in to them myself!!! SO [​IMG]

9. cwc362

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn

Hey now!!!! There is nothing wrong with a chicken diaper!!! Since my 11 y/o is really convinced his Silkie, Alice, will be sleeping with him, I am looking in to them myself!!! SO [​IMG]

LOL That's what I'm talking about- If you are going to sit very long or sleep with silkie- Diapers are just what you need . I don't know if silkies snore so you might need a silky "breathe right strip" too I'm not "poo pooing" them:gig I'm Recommending them!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  10. cwc362

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    And BTW- Every time I see silkies at the flea market - I run the other way- I'm fighting the urge myself- I will be strong- I will be strong- But now if they get baby silkies when I show up at Rural King- My boat is sunk!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by