its all my fault im an idiot

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by incubatingisfun, Jan 14, 2010.

1. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    didnt put a lid on broodeer chick flew out and chilled to death im so mad at myself and there were only to and the other one is lonely and freaking out hes 2 weeks can i put 2 days with hi if hes super lonely:hit:he:hit

2. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    You could try putting two ages together, but it probably won't work because the bigger chick will probably bully the younger one. Watch them closely if you do put them together. Alternatively, just raise the poor guy individually. He'll probably just bond with humans better. [​IMG]

3. RM44

RM44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck, whatever your decision. You might get lucky and find someone willing to part with a 2 week old chick. It never hurts to ask.

4. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    yeah he never wants to get off my arm anymore and he always want to follow me

5. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    yeah i would pay alot for 2 week old chicks right now

6. RM44

RM44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    You need to put where you live and post an ad. Maybe check out craigslist too. I know how you must feel. If it were me, I'd try to find another 2 week old too. Good luck.

7. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Oh My... please don't be so hard on yourself. Accidents and mistakes happen all the time. This is part of the learning process. Sometimes terrible things have to happen before we know what we have to pay attention to. Clearly you feel dreadful -- I feel so badly for you.

For your remaining chick, try this -- get a new chick. Put it in the brooder with the older one -- but divide them with plexiglass or screening or hardware cloth -- so they can see each other, but can't do one another any harm. Little by little they will bond and within a few days, under your supervision you can intergrate them. Meanwhile, give that lonely chick a stuffed toy or a feather duster.

Best of Luck to you, [​IMG]
    Jenny

8. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    thank you
    i put a stuffed animal in with him

9. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you call around to your local feed store? Some of them might have chicks or know someone in your area with some chicks.

10. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    only in the spring

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by