It's almost day 23!

SaraC833

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Day 21 started on Sunday at 7pm.....We have 1 chick that just hatched out this afternoon and it still has a small yolks sac attached. Any one think the other eggs are still viable?? Humifity have been too high during lockdown...around 75%

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you candle the eggs at all to assure fertilization? What was the temp? Did you turn your eggs daily or have an automatic egg turner?
The humidity was still within the norm with forced air incubation. 70-75% humidity during lockdown

We did candle....they were definitely good to go. Temp is set at 99.5 and we have an automatic turner. Just wondering how much longer to leave them considering one hatched today and still has a bit of the yolk sac attached.

Do you think the others still may need more time?

I would give them more time. The hatching could be late due to misprint on the calendar when they went in, been guilty of that. Or maybe the thermometer was a little off. A little cooler a little late to hatch give them another couple days. I know what stressful fun hatching can be.

my Hatch this spring was delayed as well, to ease my mind when there were no external pips, I very quickly pulled an egg to do a quick candle session, the movement assured me the chicks were still viable, while I had a couple not hatch, most were just fine despite peeking.(including the one I checked)

Back
Top Bottom