Its Almost Done!!!!! Wahooooooooooo

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by UC Student, Jul 2, 2011.

1. UC Student

UC Student Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Davis, Ca
    The run is leftover from my first attempt at chickens two years ago that didn't go so well but I had a strong feeling I'd try again someday. Well this year is my year! I decided to get the breed I wanted, not just whatever someone was willing to pass off onto me. So after some picking and choosing and re-homing 5 roo's! (still 1 mille left) I have 1 mille fleur d'uccle pullet, 1 buff orp pullet, 2 easter egger pullets. I plan on letting them have the side yard which is plenty big with high fences to keep them out of my plants. For now though, since they are small and we have some very interested neighbor kitties they are staying in the coop/run. OK... picture time!

PLUS I need to give credit where it was due. My boyfriend as you see in the pictures pretty much did everything but the painting. I can't thank him enough!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All it needs now is the rest of the trim put on and a proper door to the run.

2. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    That looks great. And you have worked the external nesting box in perfectly!

3. ChickenSahib

ChickenSahib Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Hayward
    I go to Davis too [​IMG]

4. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Nicely done. Will you have a coming out party (debutante ball)? We did. The people had carrot cake, the cats had sardines somewhere else and the chicks had kale stems and a pancake. A good time was had by all. I don't go to UC Davis, but had surgery there. Does that count?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by