its almost time!!! wait i think?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by peep this, Jul 23, 2010.

1. peep this

peep this Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    i have four Ameraucana hens and we have had them for about 18 weeks. there all so funny and my whole family have enjoyed all of them and there escapes. but we've been holding our breaths waiting for them to start laying and finaly one seems to be showing signs that she will: she will go up the stairs to the house and poke's around in one of the two nesting boxes then come's back down again, she also will crouch down when you go to grab her, (my mum says thats a good thing im not sure) and she's been a greedy little piggy when it comes to food.
    what do you guys say? dose it sound like she's getting ready to give us a treat or are we reading into things to much and she's not ready just yet? [​IMG]
    this is her sorry im just so happy she was the only white one XD
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Yep, she is behaving as she would towards a rooster. This is usually a sign that egg laying is imminent,

Good Luck,

Sandie

3. peep this

Mar 13, 2010
    that sounds wonderful. i can hardly wait thank you

4. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    yup, sounds like shes about to start laying soon. congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

ETA: oh and by the way, she's beautiful. congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. peep this

Mar 13, 2010
    thank you very much! she is the queen of the bunch so its not surprising that shes the one to start laying

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by