It's amazing watching a life begin

Floppy Pheasant

Songster
Jul 29, 2017
No particular question,I was just candling my Brahma and Silkie eggs this evening, I saw the embryo's moving... I saw their little eyes,their tiny bodies developing, hoping I've been doing everything right.
At the end of the day,I'm bringing a tiny life into the world,I'm responsible for caring,feeding,watering and loving every baby that I'm lucky enough to hatch.
We're bringing fragile babies into the world,my grandson was watching as I was candling ...he said..is that what I looked like when I was in mommy's belly?
Life is beautiful.

Aww, that's an awesome thing to just put out there. But I totally agree: we hatched out two chickies about a month ago. One of them didn't make it, though. My brother made fun of me when I cried as I threw the dead egg out, but seriously, it's just like it was always alive. He said: it's not even sad when a ful grown chicken dies, let alone one that didn't even make it out of the shell'. But it is!! I still miss Stormie, even though she was never born. I was sad, but I realized that if I didn't want the other two to pass away also, I needed to protect them with all my heart. My chickens are the best thing in the world to me

Back
Top Bottom