Now, if you've been following my posts in the First Hatch of the Year thread, you'd know that I had a malpositioned chick that pipped the wrong end. This chick pipped on the smaller end on Monday at 11AM. I let it be for 12 hours and moved in to remove a bit of the outer shell at 11PM on that same Monday. (I did not remove the other memebrane at all, merely chipped at the shell so as to see the existing pip better.) Today, at 11AM, the chick was still alive and peeping. I candled and decided to open up the air cell end of the egg so I would be able to asses the inner membrane. I opened up quite a bit (by accident, since it I could break it in a nice little line), dabbed a bit of water and noticed very red and deep veining and left it be. Later on, I had to move the egg inside the tupper of water (with napkins inside to soak up all the water) since it was being rolled and pecked at by the other chicks. A blood vessel had been pecked at and there was an instance of blood, which I sprinkled corn starch over. I decided then to refrain from assisting until 11PM, to give it a chance to hatch on its on. I checked on it at around 10:30PM and it was still alive and breathing and moving inside. At this moment, I've allowed myself to be swayed by the fambam and decided to leave it be until tomorrow morning (11AM, the 48 hour mark). So should I assist or prepare to cull?