It's Been About a Month and Truck Topper Coop Has Chickens!

olepackrat

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2016
Central Kentucky
Well it took about a month to get it built and thanks to so much info on BYC I have working coop! :D
Here are some pics of the build...

X- Hubby (who lives in our court) working on the frame and floor of the coop

Truck bed topper is on!

Chickens in the coop!

Front view... but not final.. not sure anything is final with this project! lol

Grandson is counting my new chickens... BUT.. the Rock hens I was given in these pics, free, by my landlord turned out to be vicious attackers to my young Lavender Americana chickens and they were especially vicious to my young Cinnamon Queen.. so they were removed and I now have, what I believe is a Golden Comet, along with the initial young group.. though she is a layer, and certainly dominate in the group, they seem to be adjusting... the layer is in the pic above - Chickens in the coop... some of my pics aren't so great and a few are a bit out of order, but I'll be taking more.. hehe..

Grandson and Papaw admiring the ladies.. :D

Great coop. I like the idea of repurposing things. My coop is made from a LIL TYKES playhouse. I modified it some, but have a weatherproof plastic housing for my girls. I keep chickens as pets only, and no roosters.

Thank you! I remember when my boys had a Little Tykes playhouse... Awesome idea! :D I just love fresh eggs! Not sure if I'll ever go the route of breeding.. but I'll see what happens in this adventure lol...

Back
Top Bottom