1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's Been FOREVER...and other crazy things egg related...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by EggsForIHOP, Nov 15, 2010.

1. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    So, it's been AGES since I've been on here, but life's been super hectic....the kind of hectic where you just stop and realize one day, like today, that things are happening and no one knows any more!

We now get an OLIVE colored egg and if I ever get a new camera I will have to post pics! I was super amazed by it! Finally, the last EE is no longer holding out...only took her 7 months to start laying it!

DH FINALLY listened this morning and checked the yard for eggs a LOT better than he had been...found TWO hidden nests and a total of 15 hidden eggs - plus the 5 in the nest boxes makes for 20 this morning - he had been complaining all week that there were hardly any eggs coming in, so we kept the ladies on lock down yesterday and low and behold there were 5 this morning, which apparently got him to thinking and searching...now I guess it's gotta be quiche for dinner!

I think I turned another friend into a chicken addict...or her son really...so we shall see how this goes...

It's been crazy around here for a while, but days like today just have to be shared! 20 eggs, an olive green egg, and the neighbors hog had four little piglets last night [​IMG] It doesn't get any better than that if you ask me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by